Photo By fizkes at Shutterstock
A slab leak is typically caused by a leaking water supply under a home. Before you get a slab leak repair in Mansfield, TX it is important to learn the signs that show you have a slab leak in your home. Slab leaks can cause a lot of problems in your home. They can greatly increase the amount of your water bill and can cause a lot of harm to your home. Not only will it look like a swimming pool, it will cost you a serious amount of money too. The water that comes from having a slab leak can affect your health and the health of your family as well. Excessive water is a breeding ground for mold. If that was not bad enough, a slab leak repair can be very expensive, especially if the leak has been going on for a long period of time. That is why it cannot be allowed to get out of hand. This post will tell you the warning signs of a slab leak.
- The Proof is in the Water Pool: When you enter your kitchen or any other room in your home, you find yourself wading through water to get to your destination. Why does your home all of a sudden look like a water park? It is more than likely due to a slab leak and you will need a slab leak repair.
- Do Your Floors Feel Fiery?: When you walk across your floors, does it feel like you are walking on fire? A slab leak could be the cause of this. It may not get as hot as a fire. However, if your floors feel hotter than normal, then you should see if your home needs a repair. A hotter than normal floors is one of the biggest indicators of a slab leak. The reason for this is that the hot water heats up the concrete and the concrete will heat up the floors in your home. If some of your floors are hot and others are cold, then your home could absolutely have a slab leak.
- Are Your Water Pressure Levels Low?: Another indication that your home may have a slab leak is low water pressure. The reason for low water pressure is that slab leaks that are in need of a repair become present in the main water line of a home. The water pressure in your place of residence will get lower even if the leak in your water line is only a small one. If you notice that the water pressure in your home is getting lower, you need to contact a professional plumber immediately so they can do a slab leak repair as soon as possible so you will not have any more harm done to your home or any health issues with you and your family.
- Puddles on the Peripheral of Your Home: If you find water puddles on the outside of your place of residence, that can also be a sign of a slab leak. You did need to ensure that the water is not coming from your water hose or any other source of water. If the water is not coming from any other source of water, then it could absolutely be a slab leak that needs a repair.
- Fractures in The Floor: If there are fractures in your floors, that can also be an indication that you have a slab leak in your Mansfield, TX home or wherever you may reside and are in need of a slab leak repair. In fact, cracks in the floor are the most serious symptoms of a slab leak. If you notice that there are cracks in your floor and there is water leaking through your floor, you may wish to contact a plumbing professional.
- Costly Water Damage: If your water bill is more than it usually is, and you cannot find another cause for it in your Mansfield, TX residence (or wherever you may live), your home may need a slab leak repair. That is more than likely the cause especially if your water bill goes up all of the sudden. An increase in your heating bill can also be the result of a slab leak. The reason for the increase in your heating bill is due to the fact that your heating unit is working extra hard to warm up the leaking water that is coming into your house. The good news is that it can mean that the problem is not a big one. If you notice a large increase in your heating or water bill, get in touch with a professional that can check out the problem for you.
- “Scary” Sounds: One of the best ways to determine if there is a slab leak in your home and it is need of a slab leak repair. When the water in the foundation of a home is leaking, you will be able to hear the sound of water running underneath the surface. If you are not sure that is the cause of the sounds, turn off all of your appliances that use water. If you can still hear the noises, then you need to contact a plumber right away.
- The Foundation in Your Home Is on the Move: Some slab leaks can cause cracks and movement in the foundation of your place of residence. If the problem is not detected and resolved in a timely manner, the leaking water from underground pipes will move downward. After a certain amount of time, the water will find its way through the slabs and reach the foundation. Since water can affect how structurally sound a home can be by interfering with the overall stability of a residence, you need to get a hold of professionals that can do the slab leak repair and fix the foundation of your home.
A slab leak repair can be expensive. That is why it is very important for you to recognize the signs before the problem gets worse. If you think you have a slab leak, be sure to contact a Slableak.com as soon as you possibly can.