When water begins to leak right below the concrete slab of your home, it is called a slab leak. It is important to know about slab leaks since they can create high costs for homeowners. However, not a lot of people are aware of how to detect slab leaks in general. This limits their ability to repair them in time which can hurt their wallets. They can also be really dangerous if they aren’t spotted in time. This is why it is important to read the guidelines below and call for slab leak repair in Fort Worth, TX, at once.
Causes of Slab Leaks
Sometimes homes have clay under the foundation of their home. This is the biggest cause of slab leaks since the soil under the slab is soft. It can easily shift causing a significant increase in pressure on the concrete as the weight of the house is on the slab alone. The concrete slab can shift and crack causing slab leaks to appear in the foundation.
Slab leak detection in Fort Worth, TX is really important since the area experiences constant shifts in humidity and moisture. Due to these changes, the clay under the foundation can expand and contract. If the clay is of different types it’s worse; they all expand and contract in different ways which can create the foundation to shift and crack.
Movement in the ground can damage the plumbing running through the ground. This can lead to really high costs for you since pipe bursts can cause an even greater shift in concrete. It is important to call for slab leak repair in Fort Worth, TX, immediately.
Slab Leaks Need Immediate Attention
There can be a significant increase in mold and fungus if there is leaking water in the house. This can lead to a significant drop in the air quality of the house, resulting in health problems like respiratory issues. Health concerns like that can affect all the residents of the house and to stay safe it is better to call experts for slab leak repairs in Fort Worth, TX.
The fungus and mold can also cause an unpleasant smell to linger in the house. Damp walls and floors can also attract termites that can damage the structure of the house, as well as the furniture of your home. Leaking water can also damage wood significantly, which means all your furniture and wooden belongings could be in danger.
There are also other high costs associated with slab leaks. A leak in the plumbing running through the foundation of your house could mean a significant increase in water bills for your home. There could also be a spike in gas and electricity bills. Damage to the house could mean really expensive repair costs for the weakened structure.
Main Signs for Slab Leaks
There are some signs for slab leak detection in Fort Worth, TX, that you can look out for. These include:
- If water is leaking anywhere in the house, it will create sound. If you aren’t using water, but can still hear it may be time to call for slab leak detection in Fort Worth, TX.
- Leaks in the hot water pipes of your house will cause hot spots to appear on the floor of your home. This will also cause a significant lack of hot water in the house, as well as a sudden hike in the electricity or gas bill since the water heater will be working in overdrive. This might even hurt your water heater since it is over in overtime.
- Slab leaks can cause puddles to appear on the floor of the lowest levels of your house.
- Cracks in the slab can also be an indicator of the leaks since the weakened foundation can damage the slab.
- Look under the carpets of your house since mold can appear on these places. It thrives in moist, damp, dark conditions so it is important to check the carpets of your house, especially in the basement.
- Fungus and mold can also lead to a damp, unpleasant stench that could be lingering in your home.
- Slab leaks can result in a huge spike in your water bills since so much water is being wasted. If you see this spike without any change in water usage, then call for slab leak detection in Fort Worth, TX, at once.
If any of the above symptoms can be seen around your houses do not hesitate to call an expert for slab leak repairs in Fort Worth, TX, since it can be dangerous to ignore the problem.
Confirming and Locating Slab Leaks
Slab leak detection in Fort Worth, TX can be really hard to detect. Even if you suspect you may have slab leaks on the bases of the above symptoms, it is still important to call experts for slab leak detection since they can take a proper look at the foundation of the house. It is impossible to know by yourself without the proper knowledge.
Slab leak detection requires electronic detection tools. These are used to confirm the exact location of the slab leaks and can narrow down the focus of the repair work. These tools aren’t readily available and if you attempt to do it yourself, it can create more problems than it solves.
Repair Techniques and Methods
There are a few ways to conduct slab leak repairs in Fort Worth, TX which include:
- Replacing old pipes since most slab leaks are caused by old, weak pipes succumbing to pressure. The experts in slab leak repair in Fort Worth, TX can replace these pipes for new ones.
- They can also cut open the foundation to access the pipes and fix the issue.
- The plumber can also limit the costs by using epoxy pipe coatings to fix the leaks in the area.
Slab leaks can damage your house and result in huge costs, which is why it is important to contact experts in slab leak repair here to check your house and repair accordingly.